RSS Subscription

Holy Week in the Christian year is the week immediately before Easter. The earliest allusion to the custom of marking this week as a whole with special observances is to be found in the Apostolical Constitutions (v. 18, 19), dating from the latter half of the 3rd century and 4th century. In this text, abstinence from flesh is commanded for all the days, while for the Friday and Sunday an absolute fast is commanded. Dionysius Alexandrinus in his canonical epistle (AD 260), refers to the 91 fasting days implying that the observance of them had already become an established usage in his time.[3]

There is some doubt about the genuineness of an ordinance attributed to Roman Emperor Constantine, in which abstinence from public business was enforced for the seven days immediately preceding Easter Sunday, and also for the seven which followed it. The Codex Theodosianus, however, is explicit in ordering that all actions at law should cease, and the doors of all courts of law be closed during those 15 days (1. ii. tit. viii.).

Continue Reading »

Pagi ini di sidang Parlimen, bila Joseph Kurup, Menteri di JPM yang bertugas dalam bidang perpaduan nasional memberi jawapan penggulungan terhadap ucapan Ahli Parlimen di bawah usul menjunjung kasih kepada YDP Agong, Marcus Mojigoh, Ahli Parlimen Putatan mencelah ucapan Menteri.

Marcus Mojigoh tanya Menteri tentang pandangannya terhadap saya yang dilarang masuk Sabah kerana kononnya saya merosakkan perpaduan dan menyebabkan orang di kawasan pedalaman di Sabah benci pada kerajaan pusat ……

Saya pun berdiri membantah kenyataannya. Saya minta dia dan kerajaan Sabah tunjukkan bukti tentang bila dan bagaimana saya rosakkan perpaduan di kawasan pedalaman di Sabah.

Continue Reading »

teresa-kok_sabah_300

KUALA LUMPUR: Seputeh MP Teresa Kok has given the Sabah Government, Immigration Sabah and the Malaysian Immigration Department seven days to furnish her with proof that she was a threat to peace and harmony in the rural areas of Sabah.

She also wants to know why she has been denied entry into Sabah and blacklisted.

In the event the parties concerned don’t respond within the stipulated time, or fail to respond satisfactorily, she has given her lawyer Sankara Nair strict instructions to file a suit against the said parties. “They have to respond in 7 days, failing which, I will file a suit against the Sabah Government for banning me from entering the state,” said Kok. “I challenge Putatan (Marcus Mojigoh) to show proof.”

He was one of the few to defend her when she was first denied entry, by issuing a statement criticising the Sabah Government for the ban.

She was expressing disappointment with Putatan MP Marcus Mojigoh, her once staunch defender, who allegedly has done an about-turn and now thinks that she’s a threat to the peace and security of Sabah.

Continue Reading »

Since the Kelantan State Assembly recently passed the Hudud law amendments, MCA and Gerakan leaders have been making aggressive and baseless attacks over the DAP’s stand , especially in the printed Chinese media.

Let me reiterate that DAP‘s stand on Hudud law is very consistent and clear. DAP has not lied or compromised on our stand. Hudud law is neither the consensus nor the common policy of Pakatan Rakyat. The DAP will never betray our founding principles.

The DAP does not therefore owe the people an apology as claimed by MCA and Gerakan. Instead , MCA and Gerakan are the two parties which must apologize to the people and quit BN for their inconsistent stand on Hudud law.

Continue Reading »

teresa kok

KUALA LUMPUR: Seputeh MP Teresa Kok, taking to Facebook, said that it was “crazy” to spend RM300 million on a new building for City Hall in Kuala Lumpur.

“This is crazy. Why do they need to spend so much money for a local council’s new building?” she asked in her posting. “Isn’t it better if the government uses the money to build more low-cost flats?”

City Hall staff are at the moment spread out among three buildings viz. Menara 1 and Menara 2, side by side along Jalan Raja Laut, and Menara 3, about 2km away along Jalan Raja Abdullah. Menara 2 would reportedly be demolished to make way for the RM300 million project.

Continue Reading »

khalid-abu-bakar_L

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar today hit back at his detractors saying police only go after opposition members and leaders because they are the only ones breaking the law.

He said this in response to the wide criticism that only opposition members were targeted by police compared with their BN counterparts.

“The problem is only their side (opposition) always create a ruckus and break the law.

“This is why it looks like we only take action against them,” he said at the parade ceremony in conjunction with the 208th Police Day at Police Training Centre (Pulapol) here today.

Continue Reading »

PEMBERITAHUAN PERTANYAAN DEWAN RAKYAT
 
PERTANYAAN                    :               LISAN
 
DARIPADA                          :               PUAN TERESA KOK SUH SIM [SEPUTEH]
 
TARIKH                                 :               25 MAC 2015
 
SOALAN                               :               14
 
Puan Teresa Kok Suh Sim [Seputeh] minta MENTERI WILAYAH PERSEKUTUAN menyatakan secara terperinci tentang kos pembinaan dan kebaikan untuk membina ibu pejabat DBKL yang baru pada waktu kegawatan ekonomi sekarang. Nyatakan kegunaan bangunan DBKL yang sedia ada dan syarikat yang telah dilantik untuk menjalankan kerja-kerja pembinaan.
JAWAPAN
 
Tuan Yang di-Pertua
Untuk makluman Ahli Yang Berhotmat Seputeh, pembangunan semula Menara DBKL 2 akan melibatkan peruntukan pembangunan sebanyak RM300 juta, dengan peruntukan tahun 2015 berjumlah RM1 juta adalah bagi kerja-kerja penyediaan reka bentuk.

Continue Reading »

PEMBERITAHUAN PERTANYAAN BAGI JAWAB LISAN DEWAN RAKYAT
PERTANYAAN                    :               LISAN
DARIPADA                          :               PUAN TERESA KOK SUH SIM [SEPUTEH]
TARIKH                                :               24 MAC 2015
SOALAN NO                        :               14
SOALAN              
Puan Teresa Kok Suh Sim [Seputeh] minta MENTERI DALAM NEGERI menyatakan jumlah permohonan pembaharuan permit pekerja asing yang diterima oleh kaunter imigresen sejak ia dibuka pada 5 Februari 2015 sehingga 28 Februari 2015.Apakah permohonan yang diterima oleh MYEG pada tempoh yand sama dan rasional Kerajaan menggunakan perkhidmatan MYEG secara tiba-tiba pada tahun ini.
JAWAPAN
Tuan Yang di-Pertua
Untuk makluman, jumlah permohonan pembaharuan permit pekerja asing yang diterima oleh kaunter imigresen sejak ia dibuka 5 Februari 2015 sehingga 28 Februari 2015 adalah sebanyak 35,281 permohonan.

Continue Reading »

« Prev - Next »